Monday, April 18, 2005
Genetics: the good, the bad, and the ugly
I love my child. Really, I do. He's cute, he's sweet (most of the time), and still thinks I'm pretty smart. In discussions with various people I've inventoried the parts of my son that are most like me. We've decided he has my long legs, my freckles, and my lips-his upper lip dissappears when he smiles...that's how I know. I'm not complaining, I mean, at least he didn't get my metabolism, right? That was the PHYSICAL inventory....now that he's getting older and is able to express himself better, I'm slightly dismayed to learn that he's inherited a few traits of lesser value. For example? A bizarre and completely unexplained fear of clowns. Okay, not COMPLETELY unexplained; reading It by Stephen King on a 6th grade Girl Scout camp out probably wasn't the smartest thing to do and MIGHT have something to do with the whole "clowns are evil" viewpoint, but I digress...where was I? Ah, Cam's newly presented clown phobia. How do I know he doesn't like clowns? Check out this picture he drew at school, he calls it "Clowns are Evil." Truly a child after my own heart. Love you, Cam!

posted by Jen @ 8:09 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 1:39 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Cam's a hit among the office of JM English here in Seoul! He definitely has a future in art...and I find it slightly surprising that "evil" is in his vocabulary. Though perhaps that's a common adjective to describe cartoon villains, ya think? (I don't know how to spell that word.)

     
  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    I think Mermaid Man (from Spongebob, for those of you not blessed with watching Nickelodeon as much as *I* do) says it best:
    "Eeeee-vil!"

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!