Tuesday, April 19, 2005
"It's nothing to be worried about..."
That's what Dr. Willis' nurse said, in reference to the thyroid test they ran last week. Wha? If it's nothing to worry about, why the hell did they CALL ME TO TELL ME NOT TO WORRY WHEN I WASN'T WORRIED IN THE FIRST PLACE?! As you can probably tell, it's too late, I'm worried. I went in last week for my annual physical. Anyway, he had them run bloodwork while I was in as they're supposed to monitor my blood sugar since I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with Cam. Something hinky came up with the thyroid results, but she wasn't any more specific than that. So I don't know if I have nothing to worry about in the "too much" range or the "too little" range. So I've decided to settle on "just plain worried" for now. I'm glad I took Biology last summer, so I know more about thyroids now than had I been told not to worry two years ago. "Don't worry" my ass...
posted by Jen @ 4:33 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:38 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    The "don't worry" call is not only useless, it's entirely counter productive. Stupid health care "professionals." I'm thinking about you! Love you!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!