Monday, July 17, 2006
Aw, thanks Maevyn!
I just got my first birthday card in the mail, and it's from an old, dear friend of mine. Well, SHE'S not old, but the two of us (heh, 3 if you count TJ...LOL!) go way back. :) I recall us meeting in 6th grade English class, but I could be wrong, so don't quote me on that. That was back in the day of the LSD scare on the body stickers/temporary tattoos, Garbage Pail Kids, and going across the street to the skating rink for P.E. at the end of every semester. Sigh...those were the days, eh? We both had deliciously dirty minds, and it would appear that, some 15 years later, neither of us have outgrown that particular little trait. You pervert! I did find the card to be particularly appropriate-I don't drink much now that I'm dieting, but the next time I do drink, I'll raise a margarita for you. I made a pitcher (or three?) of my cousin's margaritas for her when she was in town a few years ago...knocked us all on our asses, but by GOD we had a great time! :) Thanks, m'dear! You're next!!
posted by Jen @ 7:02 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *cry* I'm glad you liked it, babe. :) Miss & love ya much!! ((((Hugs))))

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Shane said…

    Are you really that old! I mean Garbage Pail Kids! I remember the 80s, it's all the time from 1990 to yesterday I can never recall clearly, but I think that is by choice.

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    LOL! Yeah, there's parts of the 80s that I'd be happy to forget. I'm seeing various signs of the clothes coming back into style, though, which is by far one of the more frightening aspects. Then there's the hair...dear lord...80's hair...

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    they are calling Candie's VINTAGE!

    *groan* I had a couple of pairs in middle school...

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh, that was me who posted, D2, sheesh...

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I can remember those metal slap bracelets that we used to get at the Five & Dime store. Garbage Pail Kids were a little ahead of my time...

    Oh, and my mom sez you need to blog more often b/c she loves reading it and you're funny. :) (Funny in what way, she didn't specify, but we can all take a gues....)

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Heh...funny in the head, mostly. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!