Thursday, July 13, 2006
SQUEE!!
Those of you on the Mommy list, please ignore the following post. Just a little more patting myself on the back. :)
******************************************************************
As of my last Weight Watcher's meeting on Monday, I've lost 57 pounds since the end of December. Woot! That's exciting, I have to admit. I've been wearing the same shorts since it was warm enough to wear shorts...there are a few reasons behind this. One, I'm afraid (completely irrational fear, much along the lines of my CLOWN issues, thanks Dawn) that buying shorts that fit NOW will slow any FUTURE weight loss; two, I'm lazy; and three, I'm broke. Anyway, same shorts. They've been getting bigger and bigger on me, though, so I've noticed a difference. Yesterday I wore the baggiest pair (they were the only clean ones I had)...they're Old Navy shorts, size 20. VERY baggy-they're jean shorts, and I can take them off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. In fact, I clipped my cell phone to them yesterday morning and they very nearly removed themselves without any further assistance from ME.

Anyway, I got home and was trying on some shirts that Val gave me (that were too small before, thanks very much) and now they fit. I got up the balls to try on some shorts, and THEY fit, too. The tag is missing, so I don't know what size they are. I was feeling pretty good about myself...I passed up a dress that was a size 12 (my exact thoughts were, "Uh huh....pfft!") and eyeballed a skirt...it's Old Navy, but is a size 14. Hmm...what the hell. I tried it on...and the damn thing FIT!

I ran out in the living room wearing this blue/khaki plaid skirt and a purple tank top, squealing the whole way. TJ laughed at me, and Cam goes, "Mom, that does NOT match." Thanks, son. They both completely missed the point, however, and I was still giddy for the rest of the day. It was a thoroughly shit-tastic day, too, so it came at a GREAT time. I still have to share though. :) Yay me!
posted by Jen @ 8:12 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Yay you!!! I'm still stuck at 4 pounds lost, mostly out of my left boob. I'm almost recovered enough to make it to the gym (didn't make it the other day) so I'm hoping to drop another 6 before I leave for Oz.

    Congrats!!!

     
  • At 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess I am married to the lop-sided, one boob bigger than the other woman. Based on one of my favorite Bitish comedies...If I could only figure out how to get a woman to be covered in breasts, the world would be such a better place. My wife would be so proud. hehehe :-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!