Saturday, July 08, 2006
House-sitting, day 1
Barb is on her cruise ship now, happily tucked away and about to embark upon another Alaskan cruise. Cam and I are inhabiting her house now, feeding the cat and the bird, and trying not to burn anything down. We spent the night last night and then had a relatively calm day...it rained in the wee hours this morning, so the pool was nice and cool. We swam just before lunch, and then again a few hours later. We just sort of putzed around the rest of the day, waiting for his birthday dinner...which was yummy! Chinese!

The point of this post? We get back from dinner, I unlock the door, the alarm starts the warning beeps. As usual. I go to the panel in the bedroom, as usual, and start plugging in the code. Again, as usual. Suddenly all hell breaks loose-the alarm goes off, Cam freaks out and runs out the door. The alarm is BLARING out there, it's blaring in the house, and NOTHING is working to shut it off! Oh crap! I finally got the damn thing to shut up, and grab the cordless phone to wait for the alarm company to call. I radio'd TJ to let him know that something is screwy, and as I'm telling him that I didn't do anything unusual, Cam goes, "Yeah, and I put the code in too-it didn't work!" ...the hell?! THAT is why it didn't work-there were two people at two panels trying to disarm it-no WONDER it blew up in my face!!

It's been about 15 minutes...the alarm company hasn't called, and the cops haven't shown up so I'm thinking we're clear. I did hear sirens earlier and wigged out...ugh. I'm not cut out for this stuff...I could never do breaking and entering. I can't even get in a house legitimately without setting off an alarm. ...sigh...this is only the first day!
posted by Jen @ 7:09 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, I wonder how often that actually happens...

    D2

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!