Thursday, October 26, 2006
Blar...
...I'm worn out. It's Thursday, so the weekend is quickly approaching, but it won't bring much rest. We have a game Friday, and a hugely important contest on Saturday. We're marching at the Emerald Coast Marching Classic to qualify for state competition. The following week we have another game - our last home game in the regular season and therefore "Senior Night" - and then the following day ANOTHER contest. That one's also a qualifier for state competition. We're hedging our bets. :)

So tomorrow we play Woodham, at Woodham. We already have the top spot in our district, but the team is still out to obliterate them. :) Today I answered a call in the band room office from Woodham's band director (I think it was - I didn't recognize his name). He asked if we were performing pre-game tonight. Umm...not that I'm aware of...why would we? Turns out that it's their friggin HOMECOMING. The second-to-last game of the season?! Crap! And they're just now calling to let us know. Thanks, pal. I suppose we're playing pre-game, then. What time? This guy goes, "Well, if you could perform around 6:20 it would be great. Our freshmen want to do something on the field pre-game, too." The hell?! I didn't say anything at that point because I didn't want to cuss or otherwise offend the guy. He offered, "Well, if you can't do it that early then you can always perform after the game!" Like that is some amazingly wonderful gift. Perform post-game, while everyone's leaving, and then get home around 11:30...the night before a hugely important contest. ...sigh... Looks like we'll be performing at 6:20, then.

Contest on Saturday is going to be an all-day affair. We're meeting at the school early to rehearse, and then drive for 2 hours to Choctaw. We're doing the contest AND the festival, so we'll be performing first around 3:30, and then again around 7 something. The final award ceremony won't start until 10 PM...then we have another 2 hour bus ride home. I'm tired already...

It's going to be an extra long Friday, with a super-extra-long Saturday on top. I'll get Sunday off, and then start the whole thing over again on Monday. I'll have the added bonus of Senior Night that week...though contest that week will be at Tate and we won't have to drive nearly as far. ...sigh... I'm ready for an all-expenses-paid vacation, so anyone willing to foot the bill, just let me know. :)
posted by Jen @ 12:47 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!