Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Friday
I'm playing catch-up again, please bear with me. :)

Friday night we played Washington at Washington. This was the big game - this was a big deciding point in the district championship. Long story short, we won. :) We won the halftime show, too, as far as I'm concerned. It's not really much of a contest, though, as the marching styles of our two schools are so different. Washington is one of the only local schools that does FAMU style marching, so it's kind of hard to compare. They sure had a good time, though, and that's what counts.

Our kids did reasonably well - my boss was applauding on the sidelines, which rarely ever happens, so I took that as a good sign. It was a little shaky at first as we did NOT use the columns. It had rained that day and they were afraid of getting them wet and squishy before contest the following day. The kids apparently didn't realize this until they got on the sidelines...where they proceeded to FLIP OUT. We got them calmed down and they went about their business and did very well.

I drove to the game so I could leave early. I ended up staying until there were 4 minutes left in the game...I got a little carried away. I hauled booty home to help get ready for the party the following night, and managed to get a little bit done before falling asleep.
posted by Jen @ 10:48 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!