Friday, October 13, 2006
Friday again
So here I am, sitting on my behind with entirely too much to get done and no desire to do any of it. ...sigh... I have three events that will eat up 90% of my weekend, and I'm mostly prepared for one, about half prepared for the second, and dreadfully unprepared for the last. What am I doing about it? Blogging. Yeah. I get the irony.

So tonight is a huge game for our football team. We're expected to win, but not by the double digits we're used to. It's going to be a tight game. It's an away game, at Booker T Washington. Never one of my favorite games.

Tomorrow is district marching contest. We did a no-no yesterday and changed some things in the closer for the woodwinds. It took a merely "hmm" sort of moment and changed it into a "ooooooooh" sort of moment. It also sets them up to knock down the columns MUCH better than they were set up before, so it's good all around. We've decided to rehearse before we leave for contest...which is a bigger deal than some folks may know. We're going to meet around noon and work for an hour or so, then load up the truck and head to Tate.

So also tomorrow...our annual Halloween party. I'm going to drive to Tate rather than ride the bus...I'll stay through the award ceremony and then high-tail it home to get ready. No, I still haven't decided what I'm going to wear...I have a few options (yes, my friends; better than "tired assistant band director" and even better than "sleepover girl"...thanks very much) and I refuse to stress over something as trivial as what I'm going to be for Halloween.

I need to get the kitchen cleaned up, clean up my room (it's not nasty, it's just not presentable), cobweb the porch and possibly the deck...I'm not sure. There's a possibility of rain today so I don't want to web up the porch and then come home to a sodden mess later. I'm lazy that way. I'm sure I'll figure it out. I work well under pressure. :) Gonna go rip some spooky music to CD for mood music...see y'all later!
posted by Jen @ 8:16 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    did you get my message about not being there? I have no access to yahell right now.

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Hello...how was the Halloween party? Anxiously awaiting news of it and pictures!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!