Friday, December 29, 2006
So far...
...so good. But it's early yet...and I'm an eternal pessimist. :)

I can't recall exactly how many trips we've made this year, but I have to say this...these kids are pros at this traveling shit. They were on the buses ready to go about 45 minutes before we had to leave. They'd loaded the buses with instruments, luggage, and uniforms, as well as the 4oo pounds of electronic equipment they brought to entertain themselves along the way. Everyone has an MP3 player and a cell phone, and about every other person has either a PSP or a DS, and the ones that don't have portable game systems have portable DVD players. If you ever feel like making a quick buck, mug a band bus. Shoo!

We got out in time, we stopped more than normal people do but just right for band kids, and made it to Tallahassee for lunch at, you guessed it, a mall. I had Chick-Fil-A, in case you're curious. Stephanie and I ditched the guys and wandered around window shopping until we had to get back on the bus. I brought my MP3 player, Cam's Nintendo DS, and 2 skeins of yarn to work on a blanket for my cousin (Christie). I zoomed through one skein and started on the other before it got too dark.

We made it to the motel and put stuff away, then headed out to the Avenues Mall for dinner. We ate (Chinese) and then Stephanie and I took off window shopping again. We actually found something this time though, in the Disney store, of all places. I got a long sleeve black Jack Skellington shirt...it was regularly priced at $15 and marked down to $7.99. When they rang it in, though, it came out to $5.95...woot! A good day, all in all. The hotel is...unique. It's not nearly as nice as the Hampton Inn we stayed in on the Miami trip, but it's not nearly the pit that the Days Inn in St. Pete was. ...shudder...

As I type this another band has pulled in...the buses and equipment truck are backing in somewhere nearby and annoying the crap out of me. At least our kids aren't the only ones running amok here.

Tomorrow starts the freak show...we sort of mark time until 3, and then it's full speed ahead until we leave for home Monday. Here's the schedule for tomorrow:

10AM-1PM: PT, stretching, sectionals
1PM: late lunch
2:30PM: leave for warm-up and rehearsal
3:30-4:30PM: rehearsal and run through
6PM: Arrive at contest
7PM: Perform, then eat and watch contest
9PM: Return to motel

The next day? I'll sum it up with "suck much" for now. It's gonna start at 5:30 (as in AM) and we won't get back to the motel until nearly 1AM Monday. So "suck much" indeed. I'm going to go rinse off in the shower and head to bed...Kathy and I are getting up at (gulp) 5 AM to run interference with the early riser kids that will be up and about. Wish me luck!

Labels:

posted by Jen @ 10:17 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!