Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Emotional what?!
A friend of mine at work has endured a very trying few weeks relationship-wise. It all blew up for him magnificently yesterday, and he ended up leaving work because he felt it unwise to stay. Before he left, he ended up telling pretty much everyone about his situation, and we all listened and patted him on the shoulder and did the best to support him that we could. He didn't need us to DO anything, he just really needed to vent. So we listened.

He came in today and apologized for being so emotional and for getting everyone involved in his personal affairs the day before. We told him it was no problem - he obviously needed to get it out of his system and we were glad to be here for him. That's what friends do. He apologized again, and Val said something about how sometimes you just HAVE to get something out of your system and to quit apologizing about it. Then I piped up and said, "Kind of like emotional diarrhea."

Ahem.

I immediately burst out laughing, because mentally I'm only about 8 years old. Even our work friend got a laugh out of it. The more I thought about it the funnier it became...and I said (at least 3 times) "Resa would LOVE that! I have to blog it!" So once you get over the "EW" aspect of that, think about it. I mean, it's unpleasant, it's going to come out whether you want it to or not, and you'll more than likely be embarrassed about it later.

Toldja I'm immature. :)
posted by Jen @ 1:37 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Totally funny that you said this, considering my own vent-fest yesterday. LOL.

    How the hell are you, anyway??

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awwww...give that person a big hug for me! :(

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Maevyn:
    I know! Sometimes you just gotta get it out. As for how the hell I am...busy, mostly. :)

    TX Jen:
    It was our blond-haired friend. I'll email you.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    That was hilarious, and I DID love it! Rock on! I've never even used the phrase "emotional diarrhea," though I have often used the phrase "verbal diarrhea." It's a particular problem for me.

    Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this post. Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    PS - I find it ironic that Val was telling someone to stop apologizing.

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, the hair clue rules our band rep then... :)

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Busy, heh I hear that. That's been me the past week, and I'm so damned tired it's not even funny. How's things with the "group"? I miss those guys. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!