Wednesday, December 06, 2006
The state championship game
So the local paper? They're ate up with this game. They're sending my favorite reporter on one of the football team's buses to report the whole way, and then sending another ten or so people to cover photos, web updates, and stories. The game will be recorded and then broadcast on the Sunshine network...I'm pretty sure it won't be live, though. The PNJ will update their website constantly as the game goes by, so those of you wanting to know what's up, check out this site: Pensacola News Journal. Here's a little story on how they plan to keep up with everything, if you're interested.

Here's how MY time will be spent the next few days...tonight we pack up the instrument truck. Tomorrow everyone is to be at school at 4AM. Yes, that's a 4, followed by the letters AM. I'm going to hand out $55 to each student for meal money throughout the trip (the county is providing it for them, as well as the buses and hotel), and then get my crap on a bus and we leave at 5AM. We'll stop for lunch at a mall in Gainesville (The Oaks) and then again at a mall in Coral Springs for dinner. I'm sure we'll stop about a dozen times to pee along the way - you would not believe these kids and their ability to pee...constant, swiftly recurring, and so incredibly annoying. ANYway, we'll get to the hotel (we're staying at a Hampton Inn this time, so I'm sure we'll have a better experience) around 7 or 8.

Friday we'll head out around 9:30AM headed toward Dolphin Stadium. We'll play for a tailgate/pep rally sort of thing at 11, and then feed the kids lunch around noon. The game starts at 1 Eastern, and we'll know the outcome by 4. We'll pack up and head to the same mall in Coral Springs for dinner, and then drive all night to get home. I figure we'll be in around 8AM. I also figure I'll be sleeping much of the day Saturday.

I'd say this is our last trip, but it's not...we're going to the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville for New Year's. THEN we'll be done. ...sigh... My weigh-ins have been depressing of late. Band trips tend to be very unhelpful when it comes to losing weight. Oh well...it'll be over soon!
posted by Jen @ 6:39 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kids these days. Hmph. They just can't hold their bladders like we did when we were kids.

    GOOD LUCK!!!! I'll be pulling for you all the way. And for the love of photography, TAKE ME SOME PICS OF THE STADIUM!! LOL

    (And if you happen to see Dan Marino at all, box him up and ship him to me...)

    Love ya! Safe journey!

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Maevyn:
    The whole peeing thing mystifies me...I mean, I have been pregnant and had all my organs resized and rearranged and can still manage to not pee twice in a three hour game the way some of these kids do. It's nuts!

    I'll be sure to take tons of pics for you, and will keep my eyes peeled for Dan Marino. Heh!!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL I hear ya about the peeing. Makes me wonder what the hell they're drinking....

    How's the moms group going?

    (ROFLMFAO! I just noticed that the first part of the captcha code I'm having to enter is "YPP". BAHAHA!)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!