Saturday, May 19, 2007
Sweet!



The place we're staying has turned out to be amazing! I've taken lots of pics and will try to get some up here if my spotty wifi connection will hold out long enough. The pic to the right was taken from one of the doors that leads to an adjoining room. The hallway is brick, with wood beams scattered throughout. The doorway in the extreme right is the bathroom, and a closet is between the bathroom and the bedroom. you can see the table (with my laptop - heh), the white fireplace, and a smidge of the bed.





This is a view facing sort of toward where I was. There are three twin beds in this room, 2 are pushed together to make a king. My favorite parts of the room are the chandelier and the dark wood beams. Very nice! The floors are a very dark wood, too.








There are other rooms and more pics, but I'm going to move along. The pic to the right is of a part of the courtyard. The steps to the left lead up to an upstairs apartment - there are actually two upstairs apartments in the main house. The stairs to the right are to the top floor of the slave's quarters, where the owners (and their doxies!) live. There's a really cool frog statue there that I got a great pic of, but I'll post it later.



We got in around noon yesterday and got unpacked. We stashed the car and went down to the Riverfront Mall to get some lunch, and then went to the Aquarium. Kas and Billy had never been - and it's just fun! Frank, the pic to the left is for you. "Whee-SNAW!" Tell Clark that I have a pic for him too, but it's not NEARLY as funny as this one. :)





We headed back to the B&B to rest a little while, and then went out to drink and get dinner, and then did a Ghost tour. It was pretty cool - very educational and not at all the idiotic "jump out and scare them" kind of thing. Not something I'd do again, though. My buzz wore off about halfway through, and it wasn't the walking that hurt my feet and back, but the standing for long periods of time while the guide talked. Then we drank some more, and headed back to the B&B.

I woke up this morning around 6:30...I'm almost completely unable to sleep late any longer. Even on vacation! I got up and showered, and then took a nice, hot bath. I'm currently sitting across from the kitchen, wondering why I didn't start a pot of coffee yet, and waiting on the owners (incredibly nice people, with two little doxies) to bring us our complimentary piping hot croissants for breakfast. I'm also staring at a fresh, unopened bottle of Baileys. It's calling to me. :) Time for coffee!
posted by Jen @ 8:01 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!