Saturday, April 28, 2007
Today's lesson: counting chickens
I glanced at my laundry hamper Friday morning before taking Cam to the bus stop. It was only half-full, so I added laundry to the mental list of "things NOT to do this weekend". Well. I took Cam to the bus and headed back home to shower and get ready for work. TJ came home from shift, and had to change to go look at some property with his step-dad. Off came his work clothes, and on went his bushwhacking, "hiking through the back 40" clothes, and he was out the door. I noted the hamper was quickly approaching the 'nearly full, but not full enough to HAVE to do laundry" state.

I left for work and didn't think anything of it. TJ had to teach PJC's Fire Academy that evening, so he wasn't home when I got home with Cam. I immediately went to the bedroom to change into my running clothes, and as I put my work clothes in the hamper, I realize that now the hamper is not only full, it's overflowing. The hell??! His hiking clothes were in there now, as were my work clothes. ...sigh...

He and Kas planned to grocery shop once he got back. I'll give you 1 guess as to what he did once he got home from the Academy. Uh huh. You know. He took OFF his "teaching fire newbies in an air-conditioned classroom" clothes (which he had been wearing for a grand total of 5 hours) and put on a t-shirt and jeans.

That, my friends, is four - count 'em, FOUR - wardrobe changes in one day. I could do an entire load of laundry using just the clothing my husband wore in one day. As he was putting on his "going shopping at Wal Mart clothes that I'm only going to wear for 2 hours max" clothes, I said, "Look here, Barbie. (no offense, Barbara!!!) I'm going to have to do laundry this weekend just because YOU have worn 1/2 of your wardrobe in one 24 hour period." He looked offended momentarily, and then realized I was right. He thought it was pretty funny after that.

So...the moral of this story, boys and girls? Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Here's a free bonus moral for you: Have a husband that wears many hats, not many changes of clothes.
Gotta go fold laundry...

Labels:

posted by Jen @ 12:36 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't even talk to me about laundry. I started last week and haven't finished since. It's still going, still piling up. I could scream. Times like this, I sure wish I lived alone. LMAO!

    BTW, need a favor from you when you have time. Involves a current phone book for your area. :)

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Dawn Contemplates Life said…

    you mean you can wait more than a day? I do laundry every day, at least one load. Brat!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!