Tuesday, May 01, 2007
It was almost TOO easy...
I moved up to Week 2 last night, with so little fuss and fanfare that I'm almost suspicious. All this time I've been worried about going from 60s running to 90s running...I mean, I could always tell when I hit 45s because my lungs went into a panic attack. I'd start breathing too fast and would lose whatever semblance of rhythm I had going and would just sort of flounder for the remaining 15s of my run. What the hell was I supposed to do when 45s became the halfway point? Yikes!

The first run was amazing. I didn't even look at the stopwatch until 1m 15s - which is most of the way there. Whoo hoo! The first two runs I ended up doing 90s running/90s walking because I'm an idiot and didn't remember the instructions. So I was actually cutting off WALKING time...ignorant!! The last two runs were the hardest, but still quit doable.

I finished the full 20 minutes without adding time to walks or shaving off time from runs, and tried harder this time to keep a steady pace. I also noticed that I'm getting my toes up when I run now - when I started I had this awkward flat-footed running thing happening that was just plain ugly to watch. I still look like a lumbering moose when I run, but at least I'm a lumbering moose with her toes up. As a marching band instructor, that makes me feel better. I'm wondering if I'll get some more of those "first time" aches and pains now that I've stepped up a little. I suppose I'll find out tonight. :)

On another note, I have plans for this weekend. I refuse to put them in print for fear that they will not come to pass, so you'll just have to wait until this weekend to find out. Neener neener!

Labels:

posted by Jen @ 11:21 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you are camping aren't you!!! you evil woman!!! AHHH!

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    No, not camping. I'm not up for that again quite so soon. LOL

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!