Monday, April 23, 2007
Catch-up
I spent the weekend in the woods with some friends from my Mommy group. We had a great time, and most of us came home slightly sunburned. Even those of us that generously applied SPF50. I mean, I'm not complaining...

I weighed in Friday and lost another 2 pounds. Whoo hoo! Later that weekend Cam told Amanda that I'd lost 2 pounds and looked amazing now. Heh...thanks, kiddo. My running schedule last week was thrown off completely by my unexpected nap Wednesday night. I ran Thursday (by myself-it was a little creepy) and used my MP3 player for the first time ever. I started out with The Cure and ended up with Michael Jackson's Thriller at one point. Eep!

I brought my running shoes to the campground and did actually use them! I ran Saturday night, after the daytrippers had gone home and the younger kids were getting settled. I ran around the dirt road that goes around the Magnolia loop of the grounds for 20 minutes. I learned that I would much, MUCH rather run on a nice paved track, especially at night.

TX Jen and I are moving up to week 2 of our running program this week. I believe she's moving up tonight (don't quote me on it) and I'm going on Wednesday. At first I was alarmed...I'll be adding 30 seconds to my running time. Then I looked at week 3...yikes! I told Billy that I'll need to take a cheat sheet with me to remember what I'm supposed to do! I won't think about that for now.

I finally broke down and called my doctor today. I spoke with the nurse to see if I could have them call in a scrip for my preventative inhaler (which I let lapse) or if I had to make yet another appointment. She said she'd talk to the doc and that since I was just there 2 weeks ago it shouldn't be a problem. The only drawback? I said "Singulair" instead of "Advair", but my doc is pretty smart...I'm sure he'll figure it out. Hopefully his smart-iness will counter my stupidity. Here's hoping... Anyway, I'm certain that I'm using my rescue inhaler entirely too much - Advair is a steroid inhaler, but if it will keep me from doing what I'm doing now...I'm good with that.

So that's all for now...I'm going to grab some dinner and get Cam to bed. See y'all later!
posted by Jen @ 7:13 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I'm on the T/Th/Sat run schedule so I'll always be one day behind or one day ahead of you.

    I'm all for repeating weeks if need be.

    Trying the treadmill route tomorrow since the weather's supposed to be nasty again.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!