Saturday, April 30, 2005
Food, yet again
I feel like my life revolves around either eating or reporting what I eat...cripes. Anyway, yesterday went like this:
Eggs, whole wheat english muffin with "This Bit Is Starting To Get Old" butter spray
no snack
Arby's turkey bacon wrap
no snack
Steak, peas, South Beach "potatoes"

I'm still feeling really crappy, but went walking yesterday regardless. About halfway through my 2.5 mile walk I realized that while exercise in general is good for you, exercising while sick ought to be worth twice as much. Hell, three times! I mean, getting your shoes on and walking out the door is a great achievement. Then there's the fact that your body is already working harder than normal to try to get you well, and you're exercising on top of it. Exponential results! I wish. It was hot and muggy out, so I was walking, sweating, and my nose ran the whole damn time. I figure since I'm boring you with the details of my meals I'll start boring you with the details of my MP3 player's contents when I walk. Yesterday I had:

(Punk covers) I would walk 500 miles, Hotel California, songs from Grease, Baby Got Back (awesome cover), Phantom of the Opera, and some other tunes I can't remember...then there was...
Disco! Copacabana (hee!); then...
Rap: Half of the Beastie Boy's latest album; then...
Classic Country: The Gambler, Coward of the County, He Stopped Loving Her Today, and various and assorted Hank Williams tunes; and last but not least...
The Cure: Half their Greatest Hits album

I'm pretty sure that there was a SpongeBob tune on there...yeah, the FUN song. Great song. Look up the lyrics sometime, you'll like it. And on that note, I'm off to hum the Gambler for the rest of the afternoon.
posted by Jen @ 2:53 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    I'm getting sick now too. Are you THAT contagious??? Eww

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Guess I shouldn't have sneezed on the keyboard. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!