Wednesday, November 02, 2005
My name is not June!!!
Bah! I answer the phone at work like this, "Dollarhides Music, this is Jen, can I help you?" If the person on the other end of the line is not a frequent caller, most times I'll get "Hi, June, I hope so" or "Hey June! I need to know..." or "June, could you connect me to..." Now don't go telling me I have an accent and THAT is the cause...I KNOW I have an accent. My accent tends to turn "Jen" into "Jean," not "June." At the last big family get-together (at a buffet place, imagine that) I realized that 90% of my family calls me "Jeannie."

In a stroke of irony, I was just typing that I ought to just change my phone-answering speil...something like, "Dollarhides Music, Jennifer speaking, can I help you?" And then the phone rang, and I automatically said, "Dollarhides Music, this is Jen, can I help you?" This is going to be harder than I thought.
posted by Jen @ 12:07 PM  
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!