Friday, March 10, 2006
One more day...
Tomorrow is County Concert Contest. A load of my friends are going camping this weekend...I get to go hang out with high schoolers. Hardly fair, but I'm doing it. Because I'm a grown-up, and we do things like that all the time. Bah. Anyway, Mr. K and I are cautiously optimistic about the kids' chances for straight 1s. Here's hoping... Once we get over this hump, we have the Spring Concert and then Graduation. I'm already itching for marching band again, which is good and bad-we're going to the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville next school year. That's New Year's Day...which means our marching season this year will last until JANUARY. I was done with it by September this past year, so we'll see how that goes. Anyway, we're going to start on the show music later this month (again, I'm slightly concerned about burning out too quickly, but we're all really excited about it now...) and they'll play the parts they know for the Spring Concert. We're going to make sure all the feeder schools (Bellview and Wedgewood Middle) know about it so that next year's freshmen can come hear it if they want. We're also getting new uniforms this year-it's going to look pretty sharp! If we could only find a guard instructor... Anyway, that's really about all I have to report today-all band stuff. Once we get past Contest I ought to be able to focus on other things. I hope. :)
posted by Jen @ 10:26 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!