Wednesday, March 01, 2006
It was a good day
The entire state of Florida is doing FCAT testing this week, so my teaching schedule (during the day) is completely screwed up. I drove up to school to find that there were NO students in my class. I went to work and got a lot of stuff done before we opened, and had a relatively pleasant day. I went home to eat and change clothes before leaving for rehearsal, and realized I had a little more time than I expected...what to do? I briefly considered a nap, but realized that a 45 minute nap would do me much more harm than good, so I put on my hiking boots and took a walk.

I really enjoy walking-especially alone. My MP3 player is one of the best investments I've made when it comes to exercising-I was attempting to walk to the beat (it's the band nerd in me) but some of the zydeco and Irish tunes I had on there were a little too challenging for that. I did 2 miles in about 30 minutes, and it was actually pretty nice. Especially compared to the walks in August...LOL! It earned me a couple extra points for the day, too, but it turned out I didn't need them. I ate all my daily points and am saving those for another day this week...at least I THINK I can do that...we'll find out!

I don't have rehearsal this afternoon, so I may see about getting hold of someones lawn mower (ours wouldn't start Sunday) and taking care of the yard...it looks like CRAP! The winter's been so mild it has grown up dreadfully. One of the guys on TJ's crew has a lawn business but has neglected us as of late, so it looks like I'll have to take care of it myself. I'm the one that has to stare out the window at it while I'm on my computer, so I guess it's only fair. Besides, I enjoy doing it when it's not 100 degrees out.

Anyway, I made salmon for dinner, which is probably one of my top ten favorite dishes, diet food or not. Yum! The peppers and onions messed up my tummy this morning, but it's to be expected...that's the price you pay for eating something so yummy that's also good for you. I did burn the hell out of myself while cooking, though. Anyway, that's all for today-nothing witty, charming, or remotely interesting, but I'm putting it all out there anyway. :) Later!
posted by Jen @ 10:25 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I feel your pain. We have TAKS testing in April. The joys of not having a contract: I'm taking the week off to see James. :)

    -jas

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    You go girl! Tell him I said hey!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!