Tuesday, February 28, 2006
The tooth drama continues...

Cam took his tooth to school yesterday and the nurse gave him one of those plastic tooth chests. He was ecstatic. TJ had duty yesterday, so I thought that maybe the Tooth Fairy would find it easier to do the exchange if Cam camped out in my room last night. We set up a pallet on the floor, got his pillow and blanket and such together and were ready for bed. I watched him the whole time, mind you. He set that plastic chest on my dresser. I said, "Are you going to keep it there instead of under your pillow?" He said yes. All righty.


Sometime around, say, 5AM, the tooth fairy comes. I think she had to use her cell phone for light (my bedroom is like a cave) as I saw a pale blue glow flitting about my dresser... I woke him up around 6:30 to get ready for school, and a few moments later he goes, "Mom, look." All bummed out. He picks up his pillow, AND THERE'S THE DAMN TOOTH! "Wait, wasn't it in the chest?" No, he took it out with some freakish slight-of-hand and put the damn thing under his pillow! "Wow, honey-but look on the dresser! I BET the Tooth Fairy thought the tooth was in your chest still-see, it's gone!" In its place were two shiny new gold dollars. Not the $9 he seemed sure he was going to get, but not a bad haul for such a little tooth. So now I'm going to have to have a talk with the Tooth Fairy-maybe see if we can get the chest back (ahem) and the tooth taken this time. I probably ought to ask her why she didn't make sure the tooth was in the chest when she took it away, too. Sheesh. Well, it was early, and I bet she hadn't had any coffee yet. Yeah, that's the excuse we'll use. :)

posted by Jen @ 8:09 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!