Friday, August 18, 2006
Bwa ha ha!!
Go now and read the following link:
Joel Stein: Elmo Is an Evildoer - Los Angeles Times

I'll wait until you're finished.....la la dee da... There, all done?

I'm not sure why I find that so incredibly funny....it may be that I was, like so many other people my age, raised on Sesame Street. It may be that I hoped desperately that my son would find it as fun and entertaining as I did...we spent hours upon hours watching Sesame Street when he was younger. He never took to it the way I did, and to be frank, I found it more annoying than anything else. Remember back when Snuffleupagus could only be seen by Big Bird? And those psychedelic counting cartoons.

I laughed at that article from the first paragraph ("Elmo is an annoying tool.") through to the bitter end. Bleach, indeed... I had tears rolling down my cheeks, and made haste to email, IM, and blog a link to the piece. That, my friends, was funny. To me, anyway. :)
posted by Jen @ 3:52 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    My favorite one was the pinball machine. one-two-three-FOUR-FIVE-six-seven-eight-
    nine-ten...eleven-twelve. Did you know the Pointer Sisters sang that one?

    I always feel bad for the boys when Kristi and I are in the car together because the Sesame Street songs are then in stereo!

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Yes! I have that on my computer! I was singing it to myself when I blogged this earlier. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!