Thursday, August 10, 2006
Such is life
I've been sporting an achy back for nearly a week now. I'm not entirely sure what caused it but I do know that I'd love for it to go away. It's wearing me out! I'm tired from my day, and even MORE tired from being sore all day. Then it aches at night...bah. I'm just getting old. My warranty has worn out.

On a lighter note, Resa has announced the dates for her vacation. She'll be flying out on the one year anniversary of Katrina, and flying home to Korea on the anniversary of Sept. 11th. Nice symbolism, eh? Given the events of the past 24 hours you can be sure that I won't be happy until I see her walk through the gate of the airport here and until she calls once she gets home. But that's just me. I worry. :)

She called this morning and we talked for about 40 minutes...we cheered each other up and both feel better having used the valuable international call minutes. We decided that *I* will host a cook-out dinner sort of thing here at my house while she's here in hopes that there won't be one elsewhere in the family...and that's all I'm going to say about that. :) There was also much laughter about her welcoming committee at the airport...whether it will be actual family members, or paid actors impersonating said family members. Heh....

I'm gonna cut this short for now...I'm thinking about doing a book review here shortly on a book I picked up out of sheer desperation earlier this week. We'll see. :) Have a lovely day!
posted by Jen @ 10:50 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Speaking of books, you never sent me that one! LOL

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    You definitely cheered me up. And I'm still laughing about the welcoming committee at the airport. :)

    For my part, I won't be happy until the whole thing actually happens and I return to Korea in one piece (sanity included in that one piece, BTW).

    I'm at work now so I guess I'll go at least pretend to do some work. Love you! Thanks for talking last night!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!