Friday, August 11, 2006
Make it better!
I went to the doctor today for my back. He poked and prodded me, then had me lay back while he moved my legs all around. He says nothing is broken (which I knew-a broken bone hurts WAY more than what I'm hurting right now) but that he can feel some inflammation. It's my lower back, so pretty much any kind of movement will set it off. He brought up the irony in the situation...I've lost over 50 pounds and NOW I get a back ache...yeah yeah, I've heard it already. He knows I'm teaching and we're in the middle of the busy part of the year so he's going to treat it aggressively. I walked out with 2 scrips; one for an oral steroid treatment and another for muscle relaxers, and I'm to come home from school and get off my feet. He told me to be sure I'm at home near the bed when I take the muscle relaxers...that is fine and dandy with me as I've slept like CRAP the past week or so. I'm going to fill the prescriptions and do NOTHING for a while. See y'all later!
posted by Jen @ 12:52 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Hope you feel better soon! Maybe you're getting old. (hah-hah!) Better to have a touch of arthritis than something more serious. Every time I go in to the doc's office with aches & pains I get tested for Lupus. I'm afraid that if they test me each time that eventually it will come up positive. Cross that bridge if we get there.

    Take some drugs and have a good night's sleep tonight!

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehe, I feel your pain. I hurt my back when I was 19 and I totally understand. Mine is "chronic". Sucks a huge donkey dick, but oh well! My doctor says I'm actually "used" to the pain which is why I don't take chronic medication. Uh ok...

    but I think I mentioned a friend who had a weight loss a bit similar to yours, actually perhaps a bit more dramatic. She didn't loose her bust size (DD) though. Insurance ended up paying for a breast reduction. she's a happy C now LOL!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!