Wednesday, August 16, 2006
An update on Cam
Last night was great-I'm not sure when he fell asleep, but the music seemed to do the trick. It would have been perfect except for the power surge/outage we had around 9. It shut down the computer and the network temporarily...once the router and such came up I figured there was no sense in going in to boot up his computer-he was already asleep.

As for school today, he was teary-eyed again this morning, but again it was once he got to the bus. TJ took him to the bus for me-I had to get to school early myself-and he told TJ he was upset because he was tired. ...sigh... Cassi brought up a good point last night-she suggested maybe a bully. I dunno. His teacher called last night to talk to me and never said anything about that. I may send in a note or give her a call about it. I may check with the teachers at after-school care, too, but I really don't think it's an issue there.

As for the talk with his teacher, she said that she could tell he is an only child. That alarmed me slightly, but she said that she was an only child, too, and that he reminds her of herself at that age. She always wanted to get everything right the first time, and no mistakes were allowed. She reassured him that he's doing a great job and is not going to fail miserably at anything in 2nd grade. She told him that if he was so worried all the time he wouldn't be able to help her do (some little project-I can't remember what it was) and he straightened right up. As long as he has a task, I suppose he's fine.

She rearranged some of the kids yesterday to get them set up the way she wants them, and Cam got upset about it...not like freaking out or yelling or anything, but stressed. All this time TJ and I have been picking out the physical characteristics that Cam inherited from us...now it seems the mental ones are peeking through. I thought for sure that wouldn't come out until he was a teenager...isn't THAT when kids are supposed to go crazy? This wasn't covered in my owner's manual!
posted by Jen @ 10:47 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    poor only child...do you really want him to turn out like Ian (muwahahaha)!! Sounds like it's time to make a baby...
    ...
    ...
    ...
    ..
    ..
    .
    .
    Ok I am only yanking your chain AGAIN! On a lighter note, I forgot your pressie this week...

    D2

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!