Friday, August 18, 2006
I blog too much
But that's not going to stop me. :) I was just talking to D2 and remembered something funny I wanted to mention here. Cam's teacher wants all the students to read for 20 minutes every night. Last night we were reading a book about dinosaurs, and Cam asked where the dinosaurs came from. Here's a snippet of the conversation:

"Well, they come from eggs."
"No, I mean ALL of them. Where do they all come from?"
"Um, eggs, really. It's sort of like chickens...only bigger."
"Mom, I mean like the first dinosaur-who laid HIS egg?"
"..."
(he peered over the bunk at me-I was sitting in his desk chair trying to simplify the concept of evolution to attempt to explain it to a 2nd grader)
"Ok, well, back before there were dinosaurs there were only animals in the water...they started out very tiny, but over a very long time they started to change. Some turned into fish, and some turned into other animals that learned how to walk."
(my phone rings)

I run to answer the phone...it's my Grandma Morton. Which, for those of you that know my Grandma Morton, is very, VERY funny. She's a devoutly religious lady, and always has been. Grandpa has been a deacon of the church for...well, for so long I can't figure it out. Let's just go with for EVER. I finished talking to her and told Kas that the timing was impressive...I figure Grandma's Spidey Sense was tingling and she knew someone was up to some heretical nonsense and she set out to nip that in the bud. I bow to her - that woman is good.
posted by Jen @ 5:16 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    What? You mean you didn't take him to Dinosaur Adventure Land?!

    ;)

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Heh...I'm pretty sure it's closed. Go figure. :)

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, it's closed and if M could figure out a way he'd buy that huge T-Rex that was in the back for Seth. Bet our neighbors would love that heehee...

    D2

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!