Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Sunday Sunday Sunday
I've been trying to decide whether or not to blog about Sunday...I want to, but don't want to say anything derogatory about my family experience. "Blerg" would sum it up nicely, without insulting anyone in particular. I'll leave out the bits that might offend, and will regale you all with the tale of my morning and early afternoon.

My Sunday morning began at 6:30, when my child, the love of my life, BLASTS into my room at mach 9. The door doesn't just open-it EXPLODES. Cam says, "MOM!" That in itself is nothing new-he says that a lot. The tone of voice, however, was very, VERY alarming. It wasn't so much a "Good Morning, Mom!" or a "Gee, it's early and I need to come in your room but I don't want to wake you" or even a "Hey, I may have spilled something and need help cleaning it up" kind of voice. No...it was full on, 911 freak-out voice. I thought the house was on fire, or he'd lost a limb, or someone was laying dead in the living room... I went from dead asleep to wide-the-hell awake in like .02 seconds...nearly gave myself emotional whiplash. Anyway, back to my son and his grand, important announcement...which was:

"My underwear got wet in the bathroom! I have to change!"

Uh. Wha? This comment makes sense now, yes. However, at 6:30 in the morning with his grand entrance I sat there waiting for him to finish up with something like, "...and the house is burning down around us!" But the rest of the comment never came. He put his underwear in the hamper, and calmly left the room. I sat there, bolt upright in bed, trying to process what had just happened. My thoughts were something like this, "......his underwear....wait. Why did he...um...do I need to DO something?" I sat there for a moment, wearing what I'm SURE was a less-than-intelligent expression...one that nobody saw because my husband? Dead to the world. He didn't even ROLL OVER when Cam's sonic boom came through.

I sat there stupidly for a few more moments, then decided I ought to get up and make sure everything was ok. I stepped out into the kitchen, very cautious, in the event there was a dead body or large fire or anything else horrible I'd just imagined. Everything was quite normal. I peered around the corner to see Cam sitting on the couch, Indian style, playing his Gameboy. He didn't even look up. I said, "Cam?" He says, "Yeah?" (without looking up). "Um. Are you ok?" He pauses his game, and looks at me like I'd just farted in church. (That was for you, Val.) "I'm fine." (pause) I ask, "Do I need to get your underwear?" He looks at me like he's becoming concerned for my mental health and says, "Um, no. I got some.....thanks?" and then goes back to his game. So to continue the theme, I stood there stupidly for a while. I wandered back to bed, where I was unable to fall back asleep. Go figure.

I lazed around the rest of the morning, and then hung out at an ass-kicking cookout till I had to leave for my family birthday party. That is the part that I will skip here, because while I know the folks I would tell you about are not Internet savvy, I know it would come back to bite me in the ass somehow. That's the story of my life. I'll sum it up by saying this: I came home and got down a glass, filled it with shredded ice, then 2 oz of Baileys and 2 oz of Butterscotch Schnapps. I downed that, and then had at least one glass of wine-there may have been more but I don't remember. I also had some of Kas' Death by Chocolate. Emotional eating AND drinking in one evening! It was a long, long day. I'm very glad it's over. I emailed Resa the details...she keeps telling me how much she misses home, so I keep emailing her reminders of why she moved so far away in the first place. :) Little ray of sunshine....that's me!
posted by Jen @ 8:15 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    For my part, I LOVED the email. I just blogged about how I was hoping to arrive on Sunday so more of the family could arrive, and my note in parenthesis was just for you. Anyway, I miss you and love you!

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ah man, thanks for the giggles MUCH needed LOLOLOLOL!

    D2

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!