Saturday, October 28, 2006
....oooooouuucchhhhh......
This was the longest game EVER. I think the team forgot what sport they were supposed to be playing for the first quarter. I mean, only one school has let West Florida score this year, and it was Woodham. This was supposed to be an easy game. The paper predicted us to win 38-0. In the first quarter they kept us from scoring, and worse yet, THEY SCORED. What?! The score stayed that way for almost another whole quarter, then our team figured out what the hell was going on and got down to business. The game ended at a score of 43-6. Not too damn bad.

The band part was a nightmare in the beginning. It was very blustery out...a light rain and tons of wind. We performed pre-game (blar) much to the chagrin of the football teams. We got in the stands and sent the kids back to the buses section-by-section to hang their uniform coats up. We didn't want them to get too wet before contest tomorrow. The field was sopping wet, and I made an executive decision to cut out the kneel they do in teh 2nd number. Then one of the tbone players fell down at the end of a particularly fast move. She popped right back up, though, so it was ok. Then one of the trumpet players wore WHITE socks on the field. ...sigh... At least we got all the crap out of the way from the get-go.

There was much t0-do from the Woodham announcers about the "possible" closing of their school. This was their last home game of the year, and possibly the last home game EVER. At one point before the score was much closer the announcer said, "Well, at least this isn't the rout that the local paper predicted. They said we wouldn't even score!" Famous last words, buddy. One person got on and became very emotional when saying that "If this is the last Homecoming I ever announce for Woodham high, I just want you to know that while I attended Washington High, I consider myself to be a Titan now, and forever will be!"

We had one band mom come over to say that her family has decided to take the bull by the horns...they're going to enroll at PFHS next year. Her son will be a senior and has been taking clarinet lessons from MY clarinet prof at PJC for a couple years. Her daughter is a flute player and is in the guard. I actually clapped I was so excited! There are about 8 kids that have said they'll be coming to PFHS from Woodham, so we'll see.

So tomorrow...turns out the staff isn't wearing our standard blue shirt & khaki pants - it's a dressy occasion. So I'm sitting here on the couch waiting for some laundry to wash so I can dry it and then go to bed. I'm going to spend all day tomorrow in dressy clothes. ...sigh... I'll be a mess once I get home. On that note, I'm going to check my laundry and head to bed. Will try to post ASAP to let you know how contest went.
posted by Jen @ 1:03 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok chicka chicka boom boom, I have been paitient but it is now Wednesday. How went the compatition? tellll meeeee.......

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello? you still alive? how was competition?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!