Monday, April 16, 2007
Adventures with Caller ID
Caller ID is an incredible invention. Thanks to caller ID, today I laughed so hard that I choked and then nearly gagged. That, my friends, is funny. Unfortunately, nobody else has found it as amusing as I have...but that doesn't stop ME. No. Frank and Clark were there and will be featured prominently in this little tale. Just remember that I am very, VERY easily amused. There you go, that's all the warning you get...shall we commence?

I'm sitting at my desk at work, calling on late accounts and typing up "you're behind, send me money" letters. The phone rings, and I glance over to read the ID before I answer it. Caller ID says "Rodriguez, Jesus." I paused long enough to snicker a little under my breath and note how incredibly immature I am, and in that time Clark picked up the call.

I looked back to my computer and get back to my letter when I hear my intercom buzz, and Clark stage-whispers, "Jen." Heh...this will be good, I can tell already.
"Yes?"
"Did you see who just called?"
Hee! I'm not the only immature one here! "Hehe...Jesus called!" I giggled.
"Heh..." and he hangs up. I was laughing out loud at this point. He takes the 10 steps from his computer around the corner to mine and says, (gonna type it phonetically) "Yeah, JEE-zus Rod-REE-gus," so that it rhymed.
Oh dear. I lost it at that point, and laughed until I started coughing, very heavily. Clark walked up to tell Donny that he had another call waiting on him, and Frank chose this time to get off the phone. I tried to explain it to her, but was having a hard time between coughing fits.
Clark's phone started to ring back, and Frank went over, read the ID, and says in a loud voice, "Who is Jesus holding for?" Gah! I started laughing again.
Clark steps out into the main drag of the store and says loudly, "Jesus is holding for Donny!" Another wave of hysteria from me. Frank nods, and says to me, "Well, who else would Jesus call here?"

That was the point at which I laughed until I coughed, and coughed until I gagged. I admit that you would have to know the employees of the store to really get the gist of that joke, but just trust me...it was good. I enjoyed leftover chuckles from that the rest of the afternoon. Ahhhh...good times.
posted by Jen @ 5:27 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Ah, you're making me pine for the ol' gang. I totally can hear Clark in my head saying that: "JEE-zus Rod-REE-gus." Funny guy.

    Oh yeah, it IS funny that he was calling Donny. :)

    Running: round 3 tomorrow.

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Yeah...mine is tonight. I still haven't shaken this crap in my chest yet, so I'm slightly concerned how my breathing will be. We shall see!

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Dawn Contemplates Life said…

    HEEEEEEEEE! Never fear, immaturity is here! I sooo started giggling from the get go! Oh my...

    D2

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *spits mojito across the room* LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!