Saturday, April 14, 2007
Kids
I'm sitting on my bed in my room...since I rearranged it, the head of my bed sits right under my bedroom window. I have the window open...not to let in a breeze, because we're still on the hot & muggy side of this front coming through, but to listen to Cam play. He has a friend across the street, Ray, that's one year older than him. Our neighbors are watching their granddaughter today...I'm not sure how old she is, but I do know she's older than both the boys.

What I love is that it doesn't matter to any of them. They saw her outside and ran up and started playing together. I'm envious of that. Can you imagine just going up to someone that looks interesting and joining in on whatever they're doing? Maybe it's the INFJ in me talking. I dunno. It just seems so easy for them. I hope Cam can retain that as he gets older.

Speaking of Cam, he asked for a snack tray for lunch today. We shamelessly stole the name from Sunny, but my Mom used to make them for us all the time, too. We just didn't have a cool name for them. He ran out to stare forlornly at Ray's house (this was before Ray got home from soccer) while I got it together. I tell you, I was inspired today. Usually I cut up ham, cut up cheese, throw some crackers on and give him an apple. Today, it was a work of art...should have taken a pic. LOL I rolled up two pieces of ham and laid them on either side of the plate. I cut 4 long slices of cheese and arranged them pointing out from the center along the edges. I cut a pickle into spears and had them pointing out, too. I put a bowl in the center with his favorite thing ever - croutons and ranch dressing. I held it up when he came in the kitchen and his eyes got real wide. He asked me to set it down for a moment and when I did, he hugged me. Aw! He devoured it and ran outside to play.

My hot tub plan has been postponed to tomorrow. We're supposed to get some nasty weather this afternoon, so I figure I'll let Cam run amok with Ray until it gets too nasty to be outside and then we'll hang out inside together. Sometimes it's good NOT to have a plan.
posted by Jen @ 12:16 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    That's so awesome! I don't remember those snack trays, but I must somewhere in my brain, cause I have made that for myself before.

    Anyway, Cam is obviously such a sweet boy! How precious that he made you set it down so he could hug you!

    Love you both!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!