Saturday, April 14, 2007
A mixed bag
So here it is, the day after my second run/walk. I was concerned about my various aches and pains beforehand, but it turned out to be my asthma that was the biggest problem. Since we went running Wednesday night, I've had this weird congestion thing move into my chest. I lose my voice and have a very, very dry cough. I'm half suspicious that it has something to do with my asthma, as it started after the first run. Anyway, it led to me having a very difficult time controlling my breathing while I ran, and then while I walked. About ten minutes in I walked for about 5 minutes just to keep from hyperventilating. I got in 3 more one minute runs after that, and then we headed home.

So yesterday was Friday the 13th. All told, I had a purty good day, except for the coughing and the pain. I got my scholarship letter from UWF, and I'm going to get $500 a semester...which I was kind of bummed about until I found out that two other folks got the same or less, so I'm pretty cool with it now. I weighed in and am 2 pounds down from last week...even after eating whatever the hell I wanted for Easter, a chocolate bunny, Chinese food, and girl scout cookies earlier in the week. I told Cassi that I think the pounds are being shunned away because it's too much stress on my body...something like, "Get that shit OUT of here - it's too heavy!" We'll see what happens next week, I suppose.

My plan for today is to go out to Barb's and soak in the hot tub. Mmmm...hot tub. Gonna get some lunch and head over there. See y'all later!
posted by Jen @ 11:18 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!