Friday, June 22, 2007
It's my allergies...yeah...
I know better than to read the stories about the memorial service in South Carolina today, but I did it anyway. I know better than to look through the photo slide shows, but I did it anyway. I got a little smug...I made it through the articles without crying, and made it most of the way through the slide show without crying. Then I came across a pic of some little red construction paper hearts strung up on yarn...a little memorial made by some Charleston kids. Composure - gone. Eyes - red and puffy. Nose - stopped up, yet runny at the same time.

TJ left the house this morning with his dress uniform draped over his arm. I'm not sure what they have planned, and I didn't ask because I knew it would be sad. I spoke with him once today already - they went out on a call for some guy out in the water that, as it turns out, wasn't drowning. Go figure. It's not ALL heroic rescues...heh.

Do whatever it is you do - pray, meditate, light candles - for the families of these 9 guys. Their biological family and their firefighter family - it's going to be hard on ALL of them. I can't imagine how TJ would be if he lost a member of his crew, much less 9 guys from the department. He spends as much time with them as he does with me - and to be honest, they probably have more fun...lol. He doesn't have to pay bills with them, ya know? ...sigh... I'm gonna go get a tissue...my allergies are acting up.
posted by Jen @ 9:45 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!