Saturday, June 16, 2007
What the hell was I thinking?
So it's 6:12 on a Saturday...the Saturday after two weeks of Freshman Camp...when I've been getting up at 5:30 every weekday... Why am I up and at 'em already on my day off, you ask? I'm getting ready to go on the Western Gate's Sweat Hike. It's an FTA-sponsored event, and it doesn't sound like NEARLY as good an idea this morning as it did when I let Billy talk me into this. We have to be at the trail head in Navarre by 7:30 to head out. The hike is 15 miles long - yes, FIFTEEN MILES. There's a wimp-out point at the 9-mile mark, so I don't have to do the whole thing. (gulp) These folks don't kid around, either - Billy said that if we start at 7:30 we'll probably be done by 3. Yikes! Assuming I can move once I get home, I'll tell you how it went.
posted by Jen @ 6:10 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jen? Jen, speak to us... did you make it? 15 miles is a whole HELL of a lot.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!