Tuesday, November 08, 2005
To walk, or not to walk...
I got a notice in the mail today from PJC saying that I could go buy a cap and gown from the school bookstore (gotta get that last little bit of money out of me SOMEHOW) and walk in the graduation ceremony this December. It's exciting and all-I thought I missed my chance over the summer, but apparently summer grads just walk in December with everyone else. Who knew? Anyway, here's the situation...remember when Resa graduated? I had all my classes finished, passed, etc. by then. I had one small, tiny, little problem...a library fine. Well, that and a class my counselor and I were contesting. Same class, different title, changed catalog, etc. Anyway, I got some graduation money from folks then, as I had finished all my classes. I didn't have my degree, though. So then I went back this summer to see exactly what hoops needed jumping through to get my degree, as the school district might be able to pay me a little more if I showed them the pretty piece of paper that said I'd spent endless hours and countless dollars sitting in classrooms doing (no!! don't say it!!) GROUP PROJECTS. So it turns out that whole contested class thing had resolved itself, and the only thing standing between me and that pretty piece of paper was an idiotic library fine. So...I paid the fine, registered for graduation over the summer, and was so busy with summer band that I didn't even consider walking. I got my pretty piece of paper and got myself hooked up with the County...look at me, I'm a REAL teacher! Well, mostly. So once I got my actual, honest-to-god diploma, I got graduation cards. So here I am, having celebrated said graduation twice already, trying to decide whether or not to walk. I mean, I'm certainly not sending out announcements or anything-people will assume I have my Master's or Doctorate by now. "Look, Jenni's graduated! Again?" I dunno...I'll think about it a little more.
posted by Jen @ 6:28 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Walking is fun, though! I can understand hesitating if you've already kinda celebrated two times...so I dunno. It's all up to you. Good luck with the decision.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!