Friday, March 24, 2006
Aw!!
I taught this morning. Pete was conducting and I was wandering around behind the kids, helping where ever I'm needed. I saw one of the clarinet players not playing her clarinet-in fact, she was leaning over a notebook, writing, and then passed it along to another clarinet player who added something to it and passed it back. Hmm...she's not the type to write notes during class, so instead of busting her in front of everyone in class, I peered over the last two rows of chairs to try to see what she was writing. I read:

Dear Mr. Krostag,

Thank you for hiring Mrs. Smith. She's been a huge help...

And then I was too busy going, "Wait, what?!" to read any more. Then I got a little teary-eyed. Yes, I am a sap. It's not that I want the kids to LIKE me-I'm not there to be liked. It's just nice to know that I'm appreciated. I've had a nice, shiny feeling all day now. I didn't read anymore of the letter, and I didn't bust her for writing notes in class. I'm curious (ok, nosy) to know what they plan to do with it, but assume that I'll find out eventually. And in all honesty, even if they crumple it up and throw it away, that's fine with me. The gesture was beautiful. :)
posted by Jen @ 4:05 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Awesome!!!!! Isn't professional validation just the BEST?

    Congrats to you! I hope Pete gets to see the letter too.

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    That's amazing! I got goosebumps when I read it. That's great. I'm glad you got to see it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!