Saturday, July 22, 2006
It's times like these...
...that make me wish I knew my neighbors better. I realized (after I started a pot of coffee) that we're out of creamer...AND milk. This wouldn't normally be an issue, except that we've gone through every bean and ground of the GOOD coffee and are down to the cheap stuff. Ick! It needs help, people! LOTS of help. Right now all it has is Splenda, and while I give many, MANY props to Splenda, it's definitely not enough.

As for the neighbors, I know them pretty well, but not well enough to show up on their doorstep in my PJs asking for coffee creamer. We took care of each other after Ivan, sharing extra ice, gas line tips, food, and water...I just find creamer (or maybe it's the PJs?) to be some invisible line that is not to be crossed without consequence. ...sigh... This coffee sucks.
posted by Jen @ 9:23 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    When we lived in Pace, anytime we went over to our neighbor's house, he would immediately ask, "Oh, where are you off to this time?" It seems the only time we talked was when we were about to leave on vacation and needed someone to look after the place.

    My neighbors here in the big D are super nice. I still don't talk with them too much, but maybe once James gets home we'll be better about it.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so glad I have a store within walking distance...and I know my neighbors and WOULD ask for milk...but then again I don't drink coffee LOLOLOL!

    D2

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!