Tuesday, August 29, 2006
I learned something today
I feel pretty silly saying this, but I never realized that the entire state of TX is also in the Central time zone. (I live in NW FL-the very tip of which is also in the Central time zone-no, really-look it up!) I mean, I know that there are 4 time zones in the continental US, but I guess I just figured that TX is so far away... You know, now that I think about it, I bet it comes from crossing the line around the Suwanee river so many times in my life. The time zone change is really close-I'm always amazed to hear about people that have never crossed one. Nearly every vacation I take (apparently heading east, LOL) involves a time change...I suppose that I figured an equal amount of travel in the opposite direction would do the same. (shrug) Who knows?

Anyway, the whole "what time is it in TX" question sprang from tracking Resa's plane. Her flight from Osaka to Dallas is supposed to arrive around 4 PM, and I thought I'd be smart and find out what time that was here. Heh. Imagine my surprise. While we're talking about time zones and crossing them, wrap your brains around this one: Resa's flight from Japan left at 5:30 PM 8/29. Her flight will land in Dallas at 4:00 PM 8/29. :) And they say you can't time travel!
posted by Jen @ 9:17 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    *BUZZ!!!* I'm sorry player, that's incorrect. Part of TX is in the Mountain Time Zone.

    Put your right hand palm-down on the table and tuck your ring finger and pinky underneath. That's a basic outline of TX. The top joint of your thumb would be in the Mountain Time Zone.

    My Latin teacher in high school went to West TX A&M and her parents lived an hour away. She would leave school at 4pm, drive for an hour and get home at 4pm.

    Enjoy your visit!

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, it's a confusing thing! People argue with me all the time about being in a central time zone. They insist that since I live in Florida that cannot possibly be true. Yes, I have no clue what time zone I live in you moron LOL!

    D2

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!