Monday, August 28, 2006
You have no idea
Really. My baby sister comes into town for a few weeks, and you'd think the Pope was coming for a visit. I mean, I have family coming in from South Florida, there are cook outs planned, fish frys...it takes an enormous effort to get my family as mobilized as they are right now. You'd think she's been out of the country for years or something...

Heh...Honestly, though, she arrives tomorrow night. Here's the plan: remind Val (psst, Val!) to ask someone else to put Jacelyn to bed, pick her up and take her to the airport with me. We'll collect our prodigal sister (and her luggage, assuming the luggage gods to do not demand sacrifice along the way) and depart immediately for....Chick Fil A. Heh! She's also requested that we stop at a Church's so she can get some okra. Then we head home so she can sleep, if she doesn't doze off in the car.

So there the plan for tomorrow. Today, however...I have to teach this morning, work a little, then I have a doctor's appointment at 2:50 for my back and then at some point during the course of the day TJ and I will head out car shopping. Yes, car shopping. I've already poured through cars.com and autotrader.com and every website of every local dealer. I'm nearly burned out already. I'll let you know how that goes. :)
posted by Jen @ 6:32 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sending out good car vibes!!! I know you are excited about your sister!! Ya'll have a blast!

    D2

     
  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I've been told to relay a message to you:

    "The Luggage Gods demand you come to Dallas in person to pick up our suitcase children."

    Or, y'know, you might just want to take a vacation this winter. We have winter!

    -guess who?

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    LOL! I could really use a vacation. In fact, the money I have saved for my down payment? It's in a savings account titled "Vacation" at my bank. ...sigh...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!