Friday, August 25, 2006
Thursday
Thursday was a busy day for me. It started out pretty slow, but starting around 4 was just jam-packed with too much crap to do. Cam's school orientation was at 5, and we had a football game. Yes, a varsity game on Thursday. I think it had something to do with rescheduling it away from Fall Break, but don't quote me. I detest Thursday night games...they throw everything off.

I spent about 15 minutes in Cam's classroom, and then had to book it to MY school for the game. They had already blocked off the driveway and I had to use the classic, "I'm with the band!" line to get in without paying. Yeah. So I get in there, and my boss is uber-stressed, the parents are running around like crazy people, and the kids? They're sitting quietly in their seats, ready to go.

I was styling in my new khakis (whoo hoo for 16s!) and my oh-so-fashionable band shirt. As for shoes (I know you're all on the edge of your seat waiting for this), I decided to go with my hiking boots, as they're designed for comfort when you're on your feet for extended periods of time. Right? Well. It was a good plan, but didn't necessarily go off the way I hoped.

As for the football part of the evening, we schmeared Tate's team 41-0. Woot! The band part? We had a better crowd response than Tate did, though it was our home crowd so take that with a grain of salt. Oh, and I'm biased. :) The kids did SO well, and I was so proud of them when they marched off the field. They behaved perfectly through the whole evening, and had a great time, to boot. It was hot and humid...so humid, in fact, that the concert bass drum was sweating by the time we got out to the stands. I'll be putting my hair up next time. Yuck.

My back started aching just after halftime...though I have a sneaking suspicion that that's actually about when the adrenaline and/or endorphins wore off. By the time I left the school, it was hurting. It nearly brought me to my knees once I got out of the car at home. I scooted in the house like an old lady and took a muscle relaxer. I took a shower and then slept on the heating pad. Granted, I only slept for like 4 hours because it was a THURSDAY GAME and I had to be up at 5:30 the next morning. Bah. The rest of that day is for another post, though. Be back with that in a bit!
posted by Jen @ 4:41 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When did the school get gold drums? Are those actual new drums or are the shells just redone? I like the color! I hope percussion is rockin this year.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Well, once our new drum guy realized we couldn't afford to buy NEW drums, he took the old ones home and redid the shells. He did the hardware (except the rims) in a black powder finish...it looks mighty sharp. The drums are DEFINITELY rockin this year-once someone vidoes a show on DVD I'll copy it send it off. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!