Monday, September 18, 2006
Is it Friday yet?
Hmm...according to my handy-dandy auto-fill (thank you, Microsoft, for assuming I want to type the same things over and over), I've used this title before. It's very apt today...I got very little sleep last night, and wanted to cry when my alarm went off this morning. It rained all day today...some times harder than others. Those times were usually when I was trying to get from the house or work to my car. Please remember that my windshield wipers are possessed...it makes the drive to work SO much more interesting.

I taught a little , then went to work...my official new position started up last week, and I spent much of today fulfilling my new duties as the official "batch queen". Heh. I'm now in charge of an internal billing system that bills for our band rentals. The company we've been paying absurd amounts of money to do this for us? They suck. No, that's too nice...they suck big, hairy, donkey balls. They are no help, really...they're like NEGATIVE help. They rarely bill on time, and when they DO, they miss people. We're pretty sure that they've not collected a LOT of money for us, and of that money that they actually did manage to collect, we've not received it all. So they've been dropped. I'm in charge of not screwing up the rental billing now. Whee!

I spent today printing, folding, and mailing out invoices for payments due on the 1st. That in itself wasn't all that bad. However, it was Keyboard Club day, so we had a store full of oldsters listening to old organ music, which was followed by a potluck lunch and much bitching about the weather and how far away our parking lots are. ...sigh...

I got home completely exhausted around 3:30. I knew I shouldn't lay down, but I was SO tired...I was startled awake around 5:30 when I realized how late it was, and that nobody else was home. I woke up completely unrested, groggy, and just a little grumpy. Ok, maybe more than a little grumpy...

So now I'm willing to bet that while I'm tired now, I won't be once it's time to go to bed. Tomorrow will be another long, long day...but I get to sleep a little later, so there's always that to look forward to. I work, then have rehearsal till evening-ish.

Now that I think of it...I don't know why I'm waiting for Friday...we have another game. How bout Saturday? Oh, wait-even better...how about Fall Break? I need a vacation!
posted by Jen @ 7:46 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Cheer up! Only 5 more weeks of marching season to go!!

     
  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Seriously...update your blog! If it weren't for the fact that I've chatted with you, I'd begin to wonder if you'd fallen off the face of the earth or been mysteriously eaten by someone/thing!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!