Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Bah humbug
I'm already over my weekend, and it hasn't even started yet. The football team is playing in Jacksonville Friday night, and the band has to be there. It's more of a, "We'll see you there!" than a, "You're going, right?" sort of thing. We have state marching competition Saturday in St. Pete. State Competition. Not a minor event. ...sigh... Thanks to hour limits for drivers and the Jessica Lunsford Act, we will have to have two separate sets of buses for the weekend. One to take us from P'cola to Jax Friday, another set to take us from Jax to St. Pete that night, and then our first set comes back to us Saturday morning.

Factor into this the fact that we have too many people going to fill up 3 charter buses, but too many to just take 2... We're taking two charter buses, two 9-passenger vans, a rental truck for our equipment, and at least 3 cars in a caravan along behind us. The really fun part is that if there are band kids on the vans, they must be driven by county employees. Guess who's a county employee? ...sigh...

The silver lining here is that should our team win Friday, and another local team (ahem...that we beat already!) wins, then we will most likely be facing them AGAIN the following week. At home. Granted, that will be a holiday weekend, but it will be a HUGE game, and as the band boosters get all the money from the concession stands....it's a big deal. I really don't know what to expect as far as how far we'll get in the play offs...all the band dads that I've talked to are het up about this weekend - the team we're playing is tough, but their star (fill in the position here - I suck at football-speak) tore up his leg and won't be playing Friday. Bad for them, good for us. I do know that if we end up going to state finals in Miami, the County will pay for EVERYTHING to get the football team and the band there. I wonder if they include counseling for the teachers?

Guess what, though? We have no practices scheduled next week. NONE! I don't know what to do with myself...already! Becky will be in town that week, TX Jen will be in town, and no band to get in the way! ...sigh...

Oh, and Mary, I did get your email, but I haven't had time to email back yet. I'm going to go email you now. :) See y'all later!
posted by Jen @ 10:27 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww! I got a mention! Can't wait to see you...seems like each time we come to town I visit the store on your one day off. I will try and remember to pack my alcohol tolerance in case we ahve the Jen-a-palooza at McGuire's.

    Good luck at the game tonight!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!