Saturday, November 18, 2006
Started out shitty...
...and has only gotten worse. My day, that is.

Reported for duty at school at 7, along with everyone in the band...oh, and everyone else at PFHS, too. We couldn't load the trucks or the buses until about the time we were supposed to leave. Then it turns out that none of the pre-planning worked out...pff, out the window. I rode in one of the vans as I had to drive in the wee hours this morning. I've now been up since 5 AM Friday...it's nearly 4 AM now, so don't expect this to be coherent...

First of all, the first set of buses we have flew low down I10. We were going around 85 or 90 to keep up. Weaving in and out of traffic...we got to Tallahassee with little fanfare...we ended up at a different mall than we were supposed to go to because "the bus drivers didn't want to go to the other one"... Well. We leave Tally and get on the road to Jax. We get to Jax around 4:30 ish, and the buses and one of the vans go to turn into the mall parking lot...only to find it's a ramp BACK onto the interstate they just left. We waited in the parking lot for them to loop back around.

Our 2nd set of buses was supposed to meet us there around 5...they weren't there. They were at ANOTHER mall, waiting for us. The kids go in for dinner, then go out to change for the game. They get dressed, then have to unload EVERY PIECE of equipment and luggage from the buses to the parking lot as our second set of buses had not yet arrived. They finally show up around 7...the games starts at 7:30. This is about the time that the NEW set of drivers realize they don't know where to go. I had a suggestion, but kept it to myself. Well, myself and the 3 people standing close enough to hear me mutter it under my breath. We have a GPS unit in the van, so everyone decides to follow us. ...sigh...

We drove 40 miles an hour across the *&^&%$#$#^ St. John's river bridge so the buses could keep up, and they STILL went the wrong way. They made a U turn and went back over the bridge, then back down and finally got caught up to us again. Some white knight in a channel 12 news van took pity on us and took us to the stadium...which, as it turns out, is over a mile away from the school itself...which is the destination programmed on our GPS. We wouldn't have ended up in the right place anyway.

SO...there's more to share, but I have to be up in 3 hours to make sure the kids get up in time to go to the godforsaken contest we've had scheduled since July. JULY!!! This was, by far, the worst day I have personally experienced in a long, long time. Every time I get ready to relax, another shoe falls and I'm back wigging out. There was the fiasco of leaving the game, and about a half dozen fiascoes involving the fine establishment I'm staying in tonight. But hey, they have wi-fi, so I can bitch about it all live to you!!

Wish me luck...I figure-statistically speaking-tomorrow has GOT to be better. I hope. :(
posted by Jen @ 3:04 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!