Tuesday, February 13, 2007
It was quite a Monday
So yesterday was Monday...in all aspects of the word. I got up to school and taught, then left to come home and pick up all the things I needed to be able to do everything I needed to do yesterday. Resa needs me to ship out a package for her like yesterday, and I had to bring my clarinet and such for lessons later that afternoon, and I needed a lunch and such. So. That's a LOT of stuff to be hauling out to the car, so I figured I'd make a couple trips. I grabbed my cell phone, my car keys, my clarinet, and my lunch for the first trip. I stepped outside, and WHAM! The front door closed behind me. It was locked. ...sigh...

I keep my car keys and house keys on separate keychains so that when (notice I don't say "if") I lock myself out of the house I'm not locked out of the car, too. I'll have one or the other. So I'm left standing on my porch, clarinet and lunch in hand, pondering the situation. I put my stuff in the car, and sit for a moment. I called Billy to see if he was coming home anytime soon (noon), then texted TJ who was nearby but tied up teaching a hazmat class all day. No luck. I figure I might as well drive to work - I don't have my purse, license, credit cards, or checkbook, but hey...I have my keys!

I quickly appreciated all those things I put in my purse that I didn't have...my sunglasses, my nail file, and especially my gum. I made arrangements to meet Billy at the house around noon and headed to work, where things didn't necessarily get any better. There's an issue with the company that processes our credit card charges (gasp! say it isn't so!) and it's far too complicated to get into right now. Suffice it to say that I'm getting nasty phone calls from understandably pissed off customers on a very, very regular basis. Whee!

So I finish with work and drive up to school for lessons, and 2 of my 3 students that day aren't there. Well, that's fine, I can get out early. I did one lesson and then headed out for my weigh-in. I ended up waiting in line behind this lady that wears the smelliest old-lady perfume EVER. It's a horrible smell, and she must get a bulk discount because she wears gallons of it at a time. I'm not sure if she smokes or what, but cripes! It's horrible. By the time we got inside to weigh I was a sneezing mess. I weighed and left - I could smell EVERYWHERE in the room. Anyway, I finished off my day by finding out that I lost 2 pounds. Whoo hoo!

So today I get up and get Cam to the bus stop and go to Wal Mart to have my new car's first oil change. I ended up behind an RV (made my car look really, REALLY small) and was finished long before him. He was a crotchety old man anyway, so I just smiled. While I was there I had a new house key made...I'm going to hide it somewhere in my car or on the property somewhere so I won't lock my sorry ass out again. :)
posted by Jen @ 9:14 AM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!