Wednesday, January 17, 2007
A new day
Well, I managed to survive the day yesterday...at the time I wasn't sure it would happen. I would like to clarify a part of my post/rant from yesterday after a conversation with Resa...the part about the Visa gift cards? The thing that astounded me about the situation was that he hands me the cards and says that there's about $20 on one and about $70 on the other...the part I didn't spell out here was that he didn't know which one had how much. Yeah. I told him I could just start charging away at both, but that it might freeze up either or both cards...he might want to call for a balance inquiry. Genius.

So the rest of the day went like clockwork compared to the morning...we had ribs for dinner, which were amazing and apparently contained more fat than my body is used to processing at once. I'll leave the rest of that situation up in the air, as it's impolite to discuss such matters in public places. Ew...

Tomorrow is Red's (Red-headed Jenz's) vow renewal/handfasting. I'm playing flute (briefly) and am getting more an more nervous about it. Of all the instruments I play, flute is the least...impressive. I suck much more at trumpet, but then I don't claim to play trumpet. ...sigh... I'm to play for like 30 seconds, and have agonized over the past weeks trying to find a piece that will express a full musical phrase in that amount of time, and won't make me look any less competent than I do now. I'm not expecting to grow a reputation as a flautist with this experience, I just hope not to lose ground with my reputation as a musician. Such high hopes... Anyway, I've decided what to play and changed my mind about 2 dozen times thus far. As of this moment, it looks like it'll be "What a Wonderful World," but that is subject to change with little or no notice. :)

Anyway...that's all for now. I'm sure I'll be back later...I always come back.
posted by Jen @ 12:14 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger Dawn Contemplates Life said…

    You are such a goober! Of course you will do well! I just wish my husband could plan his out of town trips better *sigh*! Good news is he's supposed to be home Friday afternoon! OH and my Teaching Diverse Populations teacher said I can use 10 hours of my service learning in a multitude of ways...we are supposed to be observing diversity and he mentioned Tupperware and *gasp* Mary Kay parties LOLOLOL! So not only will I be having fun, but knocking out some service learning hours. WOOT! We won't mention the alcohol!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!