Thursday, January 25, 2007
What have I done?!
Last night I submitted my online application for admission to UWF in the fall. I received an email from the music department that morning saying that upcoming department admission/scholarship auditions are going to be Feb. 3rd...like in less than two weeks. Yikes! The application itself was sobering...do I have any hobbies? Um...does dieting count? Community service? Um...no. I cleaned the kitchen the past three nights, does that count? My ACT scores are so old I don't think they're valid any longer...I'm hoping the fact that I have an AA will sort of balance that out.

I haven't decided exactly what to play for this yet...the only solo material I have worked up enough to be passable is a Mozart Concerto I played in high school. Not exactly college-level material. Pete says it will be ok, and he's already talked to the Director of Bands (they're in Symphony together) about me. I dunno if that's setting me up for the good kind of extra attention or the bad kind...but I suppose we'll find out. I think I'll look through the Rose book tomorrow at work (I can't find mine to save my life...I know you're surprised) and see if I can find 2 "contrasting" pieces of music to play. I spoke with someone that tried out last April and they called out a couple major and minor scales to play. **choke**

I'll do fine...but that won't stop me from stressing about it until then. Oh, and today? I practiced for a while and found out that one of my cats doesn't like it. Well, she either doesn't like it or REALLY likes it, one. She spent the entire time I played trying like hell to get in my lap. Either by jumping from the floor, climbing from an adjacent chair, headbutting my elbows, or headbutting the bell of my clarinet. It made practicing much more interesting.
posted by Jen @ 8:28 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well you should be able to play FABULOUSLY if you can play well with a cat distracting you!

    and in the infamous words of all Adam sSandler movies YOU CAN DO EET!

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    My flute teacher has two cats. If you were wearing sandals, Sylvester would sit ON your feet and lick your toes for the whole lesson. Sophie would just sit on the window seat and stare at you.

    Scales are just like falling off a bike. I bet you'll ace your audition!!

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are going to do wonderfully! Break a leg and all that!

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger Dawn Contemplates Life said…

    that was me!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!