Thursday, July 26, 2007
A birthday realization
I've figured out how to prevent drought! Gather 'round, everyone, and I'll tell you how:

Have me plan any - ANY - kind of outdoor activity. "If she plans it (outside), the rain will come." I've proven that time after time after time this summer.
  • 4th of July/Cam's birthday party at Barb's pool? Rained CONTINUOUSLY.
  • 2nd annual dog days of summer camping trip? Rained out on Saturday, with a tremendous thunderstorm thrown in to boot.
  • Marching camp for four weeks? It's rained at least once per day this past week, but today - the day I planned to grill burgers and dogs for the kids - we are POUNDED with rain. Know when it let up? After lunch.
Had I known of my gift for bringing rain BEFORE we were in drought conditions, I'd have been able to stave it off with some handy picnic planning or maybe another camping trip. Hindsight, my friends, truly is 20/20.

Labels:

posted by Jen @ 3:26 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!