Friday, August 03, 2007
I can't be the walrus, I'm the lunch lady
TX Jen's Mom: I'm here. Mostly. :) Also, after much thought, I have decided that I will now refer to you as TX Mom, especially since TX Jen will have to be renamed shortly. I apologize to everyone for my absence of late - I've been out of sorts. My schedule is crazy busy, I turned 32, the last Harry Potter came out, I start school again in 24 days, and it's hot as freaking hell outside, folks. To elaborate:

My schedule:
Mon-Thurs: Get up at 5:30AM and get myself and Cam ready. Leave at 6:30, drop him at day care, stop at Wal Mart to buy sodas and chips for the kids' lunches. Get to PFHS around 7:15. Take lunch money until 8. Add up lunch numbers, call and order lunch. Then I spend the next 2 hours prepping for lunch. Then I go pick up lunch. Then I hand out lunch to 90 of the sweatiest, hardest-working kids in the world. Then I clean up after lunch. Then I eat MY lunch - not diet food, mind you - and then I pack my stuff up for work. I work from 1 to 6. Then I go home, spend an hour of quality time with my son and then put him to bed. Then I TRY to go to bed early, but it doesn't happen very often. Lather, rinse, repeat.

My birthday:
I turned 32 on the 26th of July. I share the birthday with one of my students. She turned 16. Yes, I am twice as old as her, thanks for pointing that out. She just couldn't understand why I wasn't nearly as excited about our day as she was. Our woodwind instructor got me one of those squishy neck pillows...it's a Diet Coke can. :) The brass instructor got me a 20 oz. Diet Coke, and two 2 Liters of Diet Coke. A student that graduated last year brought up a case of Diet Coke. Anyone else noticing a theme? TJ took me out for sushi, and I got a gift card and some cash...some of which I used to get a new piercing. And no, I won't tell you where.

Harry Potter (no spoilers):
I went to the midnight release party at B&N, which was actually a lot of fun. I got my book and was home by 12:30AM. I started reading immediately, and finished at 9:50 that morning. I laughed at points, cried at points, and cheered out loud at least once. Anyone that’s read the book knows what I’m talking about – all I’ll say is that it involves Mrs. Weasley. Ahhhh….good times, good times. It was a good book, and a fitting ending to a long and very entertaining series. I’ve reread the last book already, and am considering starting over from the book 1.

College:
I start as a Junior at UWF on the 27th. I’m taking all music courses, and am becoming more and more nervous as the days progress. I did solve my manuscript paper problem today, thanks to Frank. Thanks, Frank! I’ll be fine once I get past the first day, but I’ll worry obsessively until then. There are too many issues to go into at this point…it would be a whole rant-within-a-rant. I’ll save it for another post.

The temp:
It’s just hot. Hot and muggy. At least it’s raining a little, too. Granted, it rains when I need to do things outside, but that’s ok. At least the whole state won’t burn to the ground before we can be wiped out by another hurricane, right?

Meh. I haven’t been running and I certainly haven’t been eating right. I’m sure that is contributing to my general malaise. I’m starting back on the straight and narrow tomorrow, though. I know once I eat better and start running again I’ll feel much better about myself. At least that’s the plan for now. I’ll be back later to work out that school angst thing. Thanks for reading, guys!
posted by Jen @ 12:56 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Dawn Contemplates Life said…

    I'm telling you once you start school you will beocome a stick person. Just pack fruit and rice cakes to eat on the run, you won't have time for anything else. By Yule you'll be a stick.;-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!