Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Good hair days

Some of you have heard this little brain fart before-feel free to ignore it. I had a brilliant day about a month ago...long, but brilliant. One of those, "I'm actually doing the thing I WANT to do-and getting PAID to do it!" moments. On top of that, it was an AMAZING hair day. As if either of those wouldn't be enough to put you on cloud nine, right? LOL Seriously, I had the best hair day ever. Sadly, I have no idea what I did differently that day, and all attempts since then to duplicate the 'do have failed. ...sigh... Anyway, it was great. I had 3 kids tell me at school that "I sure wish *I* had naturally curly hair..." Ha! I replied, "Yeah, me too. This (indicating my hair) is the result of a very patient and amazingly wonderful hairdresser." Three kids said that! And then I got various, "Your hair looks great, Mrs. Smith!" throughout the day.


Then there was a big event that night, and I ended up being paraded in front of an alarming number of people at the Saenger with the high school band directors...it was a good night to have a good hair day, so to speak. Some of the kids' parents were there and I had many of them comment on my hair-and got another "naturally curly hair" comment. Most of these folks haven't seen me since the last football game; my football game uniform consists mostly of jeans, band shirt, bandanna, and 2 braids. Sexy stuff right there, no? Anyway, they had to comment on how Mr. K and I both clean up pretty well from our football game outfits, and complimented my hair again.


Since then, I've done a lot of thinking. Oh, and thanking my extra wonderful hairdresser, Jenz. Thanks, Jenz! I've decided that it's not so much my hair that people liked, but the fact that my ears were out of sight. I can ruin a good hair day by pulling my hair behind my ears. It's as easy as that. If I leave my hair hanging down OVER my ears, framing my face, things are good. As soon as my ears come out, it all goes downhill. So, my good hair days are more like good ear days, or NON-ear days. Stupid ears...

posted by Jen @ 8:11 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!