Tuesday, February 21, 2006
My battle with the scale

Yes, I know, two posts in one day-someone call Hell and see if they're ice skating down there! There, do you have it out of your system now? Sheesh...


I started Weight Watchers online about 2 days after Christmas. I didn't attend my first meeting until the 2nd week of January, but I have gone faithfully every week since then. Of course, things can't be SIMPLE when I'm involved, right? Since I started keeping track online before I attended my first meeting, my numbers online and at the meeting don't match. I actually lost 5 pounds between the time I started keeping track online and when I had my first weigh-in at a meeting. According to WW online, I've lost 18.5 pounds. According to my WW meeting leader, I've lost 13.5. I'm very, VERY hard pressed to give up those 5 pounds.


Don't get me wrong-I'm not going to nitpick a stupid technicality (that is entirely of my own doing) and lose track of the fact that I've lost 20 pounds-I do a happy dance every morning now that I have more clothes to choose from as I get ready. Heh...don't you wish you could get THAT image out of your head now? Anyway, my first mini-goal is to lose 10% of my weight. Unfortunately, as my online numbers and meeting numbers differ, so do my goals. I'll reach my online goal at least a week before my first meeting goal...which is really not all that bad. It'll be like having 2 birthdays, or 2 Christmases. Only without the presents. Oh, and definitely without the cake...or holiday dinner... Ok, so it will be NOTHING like having two birthdays or Christmases, but I'm sure you understand what I meant originally.


Anyway, I've had a few non-scale victories in the meantime, as well. I wore an outfit I haven't worn in over a year yesterday-it was a tad bit more snug that it was 12 months ago, but I could actually pull the pants up over my hips and snap them without doing irreparable harm to myself. :) In fact, I was able to sit Indian-style at my computer at home quite comfortably. Grandma asked me yesterday how much weight I've lost-whoo hoo! It's the little things. :)


OK, that's probably all I'll bore you with today-you can thank Resa for my talkative nature this morning-I was hoping to get online with her this morning and she never did show. Probably doing something like sleeping or studying...granted that it's nearly midnight in Korea, so she's allowed. :) I'm such a good sister...

posted by Jen @ 8:23 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!