Wednesday, March 29, 2006
An ode to my laptop
OK, it's not really an ode, but it sounded clever. I think the hardest part about blogging is coming up with a witty title. Anyway, my laptop...

I don't know if I mentioned this before, and I'm entirely too lazy to look it up-those of you that know this just bear with me. TJ's laptop died a terrible death. He re-ordered. That was like 3 months ago. Now, thanks to the stupidity and laziness of other people, AND my husband's impatience, we have TWO new laptops. Well, one NEW-new one, and one new-to-us new one. Guess which one is mine? :)

Anyway, it was decided that my desk would go bye-bye, and we'd ghost my PC's hard drive onto my laptop. K. It worked-sort of. My PC was opened up for the swap, rendering it useless. My laptop, after the hard drive transplant, refused to boot. There I am, with two computers, and neither works. Story of my life, right? Anyway, Billy did his computer magic and now my laptop works-mostly. I get 2 error messages every time I boot it up, and it doesn't understand that "hibernate" means more of a "deep sleep" than "blank screen of death." I also need to buy a new battery, as the life span on this one is about 45 seconds. But that's ok, I can deal with that until I annoy Billy enough to figure it out.

I've putzed around online from the couch, from the kitchen table, and from bed. It's a very handy thing-no more sitting in front of the picture window at my PC, freezing my bum off. The space my desk used to take up is now home to Cam's air hockey table. As it is in front of the picture window, we just put a sheet over it when it's not in use as the cats require a perch from which they can supervise the neighborhood. Yes, our cats own us.

I've decided to name my laptop "Lappy." Anyone else out there a Strong Bad fan? I actually checked the store there to see if they had any "Lappy Logos" (hee, alliteration is fun!) I could buy, but alas they do not. I'll just have to make my own.

So now I'm a laptop girl. Which sounds bad when taken out of context, but you all know what I mean. I sort of miss my mouse, and am having a dreadful time adjusting to the keyboard-I was using an ergonomic monster of a keyboard with my PC and LOVED it. Resa enjoys my typos when we chat, and as I figure it's her biological right to pick on me about it, it's all good. Bear with me if I spell badly or just don't make sense (well, more so than usual); I plan to blame it on the new computer as long as possible. :)
posted by Jen @ 9:53 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    "blank screen of death"

    Made me chuckle out loud. Nice.

    And you're right - I do enjoy your typos, and it is my biological right to pick on you about them.

    Point in case? pooty lisp (was that even what it was?? Regardless, I'm crying from laughter)

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    HEE! Yes, it was pooty lisp, and it still cracks me up when I read it. It's even funnier when you say it out loud. "Pooty lisp" Hee!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!