Friday, May 26, 2006
A birth announcement!
Announcing the newest arrival to my family:



Isn't she beautiful? :) She is as yet unnamed, but I have to get to know her a little, first. This, ladies and gentlemen, is why I work at a music store. I'd never be able to afford to be a musician otherwise. :)

She's a Toca Freestyle djembe with a 12" head. The body is made of fiberglass, with a rubber bootie around the base for protection. Heh. Anyway, she weighs nothing compared to the two drums TJ and I already have, and will be attending camp outs with us. I'll let you know how it turns out!
posted by Jen @ 11:46 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Hee-hee. You have a drum, I have the best stocked flute library in northeast Texas. If we'd had an extra few thou lying around, we would have left town with a Steinway as well. :)

    And I'm REALLY missing my oboe reed discount now! WWBW is good, but not as good as y'all.

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My almost three year old plays my husbands drum. He brought it back from Africa before we were married. It's truly special to him and when our little guy wanted to play my husband was really reluctant. Now, we watch how much fun he has with it and our whole house is dancing! I love it!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!